Your nude is online. Now what?

If you are under 18 and someone is sharing a nude (aka: ) of you, there ARE steps you can take.

We can help.

    • I want to report to

      Go to the report form and click the bottom left box to begin.

    • I want to talk to someone on the phone. can help provide you with more information about how to regain control of a picture and/or the resources that may be available to help. Call us toll-free at 1-866-658-9022.

    • I want to get the picture off the internet.

      If the picture is online, you can also take action to have it removed yourself. We created to walk you through steps that can be taken to get pictures off the internet.

    • If you do not know if your picture is online or being shared and you are worried that it might happen, or if you know it is being shared and you want it to stop, you might want to send a message to the person who has your picture/video saying something like:

      “I do not consent to you having the picture/video of me [add description, such as ‘that I sent you on (DATE)’], I want you to delete it and I do not give you permission to share it with anyone.”

      Sending a message like this is important because, once the person knows how you feel, they can no longer say they didn’t know your views. You can send a text or email, tell the person by phone or in person, or have someone else communicate the message. The best way to send a message, however, is in writing so you will have a copy of what was sent.

    • If you are scared that an intimate image of you will be shared by someone, you can apply for something called a “prevention order” (i.e., an order from a court that names a specific person and tells them not to share or post an existing intimate image). Involving a safe adult to help you would probably be a good idea if you want to go down this path.
    • You can also report your concern to us through our report form or to local police. If you decide to enter a report at, once it has been processed, all information connected to it may be forwarded to law enforcement and/or child welfare for review and investigation.
  • If you have shared a sexual picture or video and are now being threatened, blackmailed, etc., the situation has likely gone too far. We strongly suggest you immediately do at least one of the following:

    • Report your concern to or to police in your area. You can also contact for help by calling us toll-free at 1-866-658-9022.
    • Tell your parents or guardians about what is happening so they can immediately help you with the situation.
    • If you can’t talk to your parents or guardians, tell a safe adult (e.g., teacher, counsellor, relative) about what is going on so they can help you address the situation.
  • If your situation involves an adult who has or is sharing your sexual (intimate) image, you should immediately report your situation to local police or

    • is designed to provide youth (13 to 17 years old) with practical steps to regain control over the situation. This includes information about contacting websites/online services to request a picture/video be removed, dealing with peers who may have seen or are sharing the content, the importance of emotional support, and information on certain criminal offences.
    • You can contact Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868), an anonymous and confidential counselling service.
    • You can find a counsellor either at school or by searching online for drop-in services in your community.
    • If you are a Canadian, you can call us toll-free at 1-866-658-9022 if you need help finding the proper support services in your area.
    • Our Resource Guide for Families is available to assist families when responding to self/peer exploitation incidents.
  • Canada has a law to help deal with the non-consensual distribution of an intimate image. It is illegal for a person to distribute an of another person without that person’s consent.

    If someone has a sexual/intimate picture or video of you that was created in private circumstances, and that person knowingly posts it online or shares it with someone else knowing that you would not consent to that (or being reckless about whether you would consent to it), the person could be charged. Given the serious nature of criminal charges, police will need to verify that the person in the picture/video is you — you may need to provide any messages you sent or received about the picture/video, or other details about it, such as identifying features.

  • deals with online sexual victimization involving individuals under 18 years of age. However, it is important to note that the non-consensual distribution of an intimate image offence also applies to adults. If you are an adult concerned about an intimate image being shared without your consent, learn more about the steps you can take.

    Note: While posting a recording online or sharing it by phone are likely the most common ways this offence will take place, the offence also includes selling the image, advertising the image, or making it available (such as posting a link to the image).

The above is general information and it is provided to help you understand the law better. It is not intended to include everything, and you should reference the actual legislation if you need to understand more about the law. It is NOT legal advice—consult a lawyer when needed. This is a recent law and it is not possible to predict how it will be interpreted and enforced by police and the courts.

  • Learn more at
  • Report to