Terms and Conditions of Use
Last Updated: March 2012
IMPORTANT! YOUR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE LOCATED AT www.cybertip.ca (the "Website") IS SUBJECT TO LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. CAREFULLY READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING.
- Enforcement. This is an Agreement between you and the Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc., which organization operates the Website (the “Organization”). The term “Website” when used will include the Website and all information, content, reports, data, graphics, web pages, text, files, forms (including report, contact and donor forms), artwork, images, software, product names, icons, company names, trademarks, logos and trade names contained on the Website, including the manner in which the said content is presented or appears. By accessing the Website and/or submitting a report through the Website, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions in this Agreement. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, do not use the Website. If you wish to submit a report through the Website but you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions your option is to submit your report by phone at 1-866-658-9022. You acknowledge, by your use of the Website, that your use is at your sole risk.
- Amendment. The Organization reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice to you. By using the Website you are agreeing to be bound by the version of these terms and conditions of use in effect when you used the Website. The Organization, at its sole discretion, may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time, including the availability of any Website feature, database or content and may terminate this Agreement at any time. The Organization may also impose limits on your ability to access certain features and services or restrict your access to part or all of the Website without notice or liability.
- Ownership. The Website is protected by intellectual property, copyright and trademark laws. Except as expressly licensed to you, the Organization retains all right, title and interest in and to the Website, including all intellectual property rights. You do not own the Website.
- Licence. The Organization grants to you a personal, limited, non-transferable and non-exclusive licence to temporarily access, read and download one copy of the Website on any single computer for personal, non-commercial use.
- Restrictions. Subject to the licence set out in section 4, you may NOT (1) provide others with access to the Website; (2) create derivative works, copy, publish, reproduce, rent, sublicence, publish, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, transfer, translate, or resell for profit copies of the Website, or any portion thereof, in any form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise; (3) do anything to harm the functioning or content of the Website; (4) attempt to upload, insert or change any information or image to or on the Website; (5) permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of the Organization or allow any third party to access the Website; (6) redeliver any of the Website using “framing”, hyperlinks, or other technology without express written permission; or (7) remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from the Website. You are also prohibited from using the Website for activities that include, but are not limited to: impairing the operations or efficiency of the Website or creating an unusually large burden on the Website, or otherwise generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede the ability of other users’ of the Website to transmit information to the Website or receive information from the Website. We reserve the right to manage this Website and its operations in order to optimize its efficiency for the benefit of all users. We may take any other action we deem appropriate in order to help ensure the integrity of the Website for all users.
- Disclaimer. The Website is provided “AS IS” without any warranties or guarantees of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to, warranties as to uninterrupted or error free operation or availability, accuracy, completeness, currentness, reliability, timeliness, legality, privacy, security, merchantability, quality, title, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose, and should be accessed and used by you at your own risk.
- Accuracy. The Website is provided for educational and informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as a recommendation for any third party product or service, or for any course of action. The Website is not intended to be used as a substitute of any kind for professional advice. The information on the Website is believed to be reliable when posted. Although reasonable efforts are used to ensure that the Website will be current and will contain no errors or inaccuracies, the Organization cannot guarantee that the Website is accurate or error-free or that it will be current at all times. The information on the Website is subject to change without notice, and the Organization reserves the right in its sole discretion to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the Website.
- Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances shall the Organization or any of its employees, directors, officers, agents, affiliates, licensors or suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to (1) access to or use of the Website; and/or (2) any information or content you send to the Organization; and/or (3) the use of links to other websites, whether or not such damages are caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Organization, or if any such damages might be foreseeable and even if the Organization is informed of their possibility, including without limitation liability for direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages (including lost profits, lost savings, business interruption or loss of data). Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Organization assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property resulting directly or indirectly from your access to, use of, or browsing in the Website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Website.
- Indemnity. You are solely responsible and liable for your actions and omissions, and for any breach by you of this agreement or of any applicable law. You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Organization and any of its employees, directors, officers, agents, affiliates, licensors and suppliers from all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by the Organization directly or indirectly in respect of your actions and omissions, and any violation by you of this Agreement or of any law, and any conduct by you in relation to the Website or any third party whether negligent or not.
- Remedies. You acknowledge that the exclusive remedies and limited liability set forth in this Agreement are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between the Organization and you. You agree that the Organization would not be able to provide access to the Website on an economic basis without such limitation.
- Termination. Without prejudice to any other of its rights, the Organization may terminate this Agreement, without notice to you, if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If this Agreement is terminated, you will no longer have access to the Website and you will return all information in your possession relating to the Website and all copies thereof. The terms of this Agreement will survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- Linked Sites. The Organization may provide links to third party websites which are provided for your convenience. A third party website is any website that is not owned by the Organization. The Organization does not endorse or take responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information, data, opinions, advice, statements, content, hyper-links, and information contained on those websites and is not liable for any issues arising from your using those third party websites. Access to linked websites is at your own risk. In providing links to the other websites, the Organization is in no way acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on those other websites and does not seek to monitor or control such websites. A link to another website should not be construed to mean that the Organization is affiliated or associated with same. The mention of another party or its product or service on the Website should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its product or service.
- Monitoring. The Organization has no obligation to monitor the Website. You agree that the Organization has the right to monitor the Website and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to operate the Website, to protect itself or other users of the Website, or where it suspects abuse or unlawful activity.
Cybertip.ca, its logo and all representations, are © and ™ the Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc.